Bring organizational, financial and event coordination skills as the Office Manager of a dynamic regional theater. The Office Manager reports to, and collaborates closely with, the Executive Director on a wide range of operations and creative tasks. This position requires a high-energy professional who is organized, experienced, detailed, and enjoys wearing multiple hats. As a key liaison to artists, patrons, and our accounting team, strong interpersonal skills are a must.
About Town Hall Theater. THT is home to more than a dozen resident companies. We host flagship annual events like the Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival. We create and partner on plays, operas, films, live music, talks, musicals, community events, and more. In a normal year, THT presents around 150 events per year.
Major responsibilities under the direction of the Executive Director include:
- Managing a wide array of financial duties, including assisting the Executive Director with monthly and event-specific financial reports, billing, payables, donations, and deposits.
- Serving as first point of contact for office visitors and phone calls to the business office.
- Liaising with resident companies and renters and assisting with contracts, communications, and coordination needs.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with arts partners, donors, patrons, the board and its committees, and assisting with their requests.
- Coordinating donor relations, including managing thank you notes and other donor appreciation efforts.
- Offering hospitality and event support and coordination.
- Providing marketing support, sending press releases to media list, and other promotional tasks.
- Maintaining schedule of meetings and events, and aiding team communication and logistics.
- Ordering office supplies, filing, copying, proofreading, and other duties, as assigned.
- Excellent communication and time management skills, team attitude, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite and Excel. Design skills are a plus but not essential.
- Prefer candidates with minimum of five years of experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks.
Full-time salaried position with paid vacation. Other perks: creative, team-oriented environment, complimentary tickets, and a role helping build Town Hall Theater’s future. Send cover letter and resume to Executive Director Lisa Mitchell at email@example.com